How to extract and activate Revo Uninstaller Pro Portable on Windows Vista or newer
Revo Uninstaller Pro Portable is available for download as a standard ZIP archive or as a self-extracting archive, links to both of which are included in confirmation e-mail that users receive after purchasing a license.
If you do not have a 3rd party archiving program installed, you can use the Windows built-in functionality, which will be described in this tutorial.
Extracting Revo Uninstaller Pro Portable using the self-extracting executable
- Double click the downloaded file, and you will see this window:
- By default Revo Uninstaller Pro Portable is extracted on the current user's Desktop. If you agree to extract Revo Uninstaller Pro Portable there simply click OK.
- If you wish to extract to a different folder click the button with the yellow folder on the right, and select the desired one.
- After the extraction process completes, the folder containing Revo Uninstaller Pro Portable will be opened in Windows Explorer.
Extracting Revo Uninstaller Pro Portable from a ZIP file
- Right click the downloaded ZIP file, and select Extract All....
- The default destination folder is the same where the ZIP file is located. If you wish, you can change it by clicking the Browse... (1) button and selecting a different one. Then click Next (2) to start the extraction.
Activating Revo Uninstaller Pro Portable
- To start Revo Uninstaller Pro Portable open the newly extracted
RevoUninstallerPro_Portable folder (if you used the self-extracting archive the folder should already be opened), and double click the RevoUPPort.exe file.
- You will be presented with the Revo Uninstaller Pro license agreement which you need to accept in order to continue. To accept the license agreement click OK.
- In the window you will need to enter a user name and your serial number.
Both fields are mandatory, however for user name you can enter whatever you wish.
Attention: The serial number needs to be entered exactly as you have received it. It is case-sensitive, has to contain all hyphens, and must not be neither preceded, nor succeeded by empty spaces. If you enter an incorrect number of characters and/or there are empty spaces before or after the serial number, the "Activate online" will be grayed out.Note: the user name and serial number in the screenshots are used just as an example.
After filling out both fields, click Activate online.
Revo Uninstaller Pro will contact its activation server.
If the activation is successful, you should see this message. Simply click Finish.
Restart Revo Uninstaller Pro.
You can verify if the registration had been successful by looking in Revo Uninstaller Pro's title bar or in the About window (located in the Menu button).