How to pin Revo Uninstaller to the Taskbar in Windows 7
By default Windows 7 does not allow pinning shortcuts to the Quick Launch area of the Taskbar that contain "install" either as a word or part of another word.
If you already have a shortuct for Revo Uninstaller on your Desktop, you need to rename it so it doesn't contain "install".
- To rename the shortcut right click it, select Rename, type the desired name, the press Enter. Remember to not use "install" as part of the name.
- After that you can pin it to the taskbar by right clicking the shortuct, and selecting Pin to Taskbar.
- Open Windows Explorer, and navigate to Revo Uninstaller's folder.
Note: By default that folder is the following...
- - for Revo Uninstaller Freeware: C:\Program Files\VS Revo Group\Revo Uninstaller\
- - for Revo Uninstaller Pro: C:\Program Files\VS Revo Group\Revo Uninstaller Pro\
Find the main executable file. For Revo Uninstaller Freeware that is RevoUnin.exe. For Revo Uninstaller Pro that is RevoUninPro.exe.
Note: by default file extensions are not shown, so you may not see the ".exe" at the end.
- Right click that executable file, point to Send to, then click Desktop (create shortcut).
- A shortuct will be created on your Desktop.
- If you wish, you can rename the newly created shortcut, however that isn't mandatory, as it should already not have "install" in its name.