How to create a screenshot in Windows 10
- Press the PrtScr (Print Screen) key on your keyboard
- Start Paint
- Press Ctrl+V on your keyboard (or click the Paste button)
- Press Ctrl+S on your keyboard (or click the Save button)
- Type a name for the file, and save it to a convenient location for you.
On desktop computer keyboards the PrtScr key is usually located in the upper right part, between the "F12" key and the "Scroll Lock" key.
On laptop keyboards its location can vary more depending on the manufacturer and model of the device, and also it might require pressing the "Fn" key in combination with it.
More in-depth guide
- Press the PrtScr (Print Screen) key on your keyboard.
- Start Paint: open the Start screen by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard, type
mspaint, open the found file.
- Paste the captured image by either pressing Ctrl+V or by clicking the Paste button.
- Open the Save As dialog by pressing Ctrl+S on your keyboard or by clicking the Save button.
- Save the image to a convenient location for you (1) (in this case we have chosen the Desktop) by typing a name of your choice for the file (2) and clicking Save (3).