How to boot Windows 10 into Safe Mode
There are two ways to boot into Safe Mode: by using the Startup Settings menu at boot or by using the System Configuration Utility.
Using the Startup Settings menu at boot
- Reboot your computer while holding down the Shift key.
- You will be presented with a series of blue screens with options. First click Troubleshoot, then click Advanced options, then click Startup Settings, and finally click Restart.
- Windows will restart and display the Startup Settings menu.
- Press the 4 or F4 key on your keyboard. Windows will boot in Safe Mode.
To return back to normal mode simply reboot your computer as you normally would.
Using the System Configuration Utility
- Press Win+R on your keyboard (press and hold the Windows key, then press the R key).
- In the Run window type
msconfigand click OK (or press Enter).
- Go to the Boot tab, check the Safe boot option, and click OK.
- Click Restart.
To return back to normal mode follow the same steps but this time uncheck the Safe boot option.